1.16 "Robotics Update" is a major update that focusses on adding new features to the already present Sci-Fi Cities.
- Self-Driving (Smart) Car
- Based on futuristic self-driving cars.
- Is able to sense something behind or in front of them.
- For example, if something like any mob (cow, bull, pig, wild boar, sheep, goat, deer, etc) is in front of it, it'll stop to avoid collisions.
- Requires string put underneath them to move.
- Can move automatically without any help from a player.
- Once it stops, its delay time can be set (for example, if its set to 2 minutes, it waits until the time's up and it'll resume its travel).
- Flying Car
- Based on futuristic flying cars
- Can either fly manually (requiring players to steer, accelerate, go up/down, and/or left/right, or fly automatically, being set naturally or can be set by players that sets them where they go to.
- Faster than a Ghast flying, but slower than an elytra.
- Based on household drones.
- Can be set automatically (moving, carrying, etc by themselves) or manually (requiring players to control).
- They can carry any block, mob, etc (except bedrocks) underneath them and take them to elsewhere (for example, to any player).
- AI Robot
- Based on modern AI robots including Honda's Asimo.
- Has a similar behavior as villagers, so it is passive and can help farm crops for you, but has few differences from villagers.
- Can help keep your pets in your house as well as preventing untamed monsters from coming into your house, buildings, etc. when it is around, despite being completely passive.
- Is basically like a robotic maid or butler.
- Killer Robot
- Based on fictional killer robots like the Terminator or neutral ones like robocop, but are neutral rather than hostile.
- Helps protect humans, villagers, and other Sci-Fi City inhabitants against untamed monsters.
- They are found carrying guns which they use to protect themselves or the inhabitants of Sci-Fi Cities.
- Is faster and more agile than iron golems, but less powerful than iron golems, so it doesn't make iron golems obsolete.
- Despite this, killer robots are found in higher numbers than iron golems in a single village, so this makes them as strong if they are fighting together against an attacker.
- Bass.EXEs, Protokings, Elecmen.EXEs, Plantmen.EXEs, and Gemini Sparks
- Due to these mobs being computer programs, they now produce futuristic-looking computer program-like effects coming out of them once killed.
- Moas now spawn naturally in Mega Taigas.
- They no longer get destroyed by players in creative mode jumping on or falling onto crops.
- Now has a new texture, with black outlines so the players can see the strings easily to avoid the players forgetting where they put the strings in.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.